[jboss-as7-dev] Modeling Management Objects (was: birth of "console ui" in eclipse)

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 12:49:36 EST 2012

> Hey folks,
>
> I've spent a brief amount of time adding SwitchYard specific console features into the Eclipse Servers View.  It would be a *huge* help if the models used in the GWT console could be used in Eclipse.
>
> That said, there is a lot of mileage to be gained by simply being able to use the AutoBean framework within Eclipse.  Does anyone have any experience using AutoBeans in an Eclipse or OSGi environment?  (In SY land, we're slowly moving to a place where our core management/configuration model API can be used in the tooling as well.)

I know very little about AutoBean framework so cannot say how/if it will work.

What I'm most worried about though is any eclipse tooling that hard-binds/limits itself to specific versions of runtimes/admin apis.

Will this allow you to support multiple versions better or worse ?

What I understand is you would be using/linking with the Admin console code which would tie you 100% to a specific version ... that sounds like a bad approach to me ?

/max