[jboss-as7-dev] Question about recently resolved branding issue

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 11:23:06 EST 2012

http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2012-January/004974.html

> 2) can we use this branding content to somehow identify the server (type/name)

For the product version, the following values will be undefined if its a
community release, or set to something if its a product:

:read-attribute(name=product-name)
:read-attribute(name=product-version)

The true real underlying component version (what maven calls it) is:

:read-attribute(name=release-version)
:read-attribute(name=release-codename)

These are set on both product and project. There is also no version
overlap on release-version, which is inline with wolf.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect