[jboss-as7-dev] Question about recently resolved branding issue

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 11:29:29 EST 2012

>> I cannot speak for 1), because it covers too many areas which I have not been involved with.
>
> okey … I hope someone else can then :)

https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/commit/e4a6c58306e27be51734776c9634f392b9c97b60#diff-21

^^^ is to the commit that implements this, showing the class that's at
the heart of it. The class is pretty self-explanatory. The "consoleSlot"
is used to determine what "slot" (implemented as a directory under
modules/org/jboss/as/console) holds the console implementation to use.

(I won't explain further since my knowledge of the details of this is
entirely derived from reading the above class.)

>> But 2) can probably be retrieved through the HTTP API:
>>

>> :read-attribute(name=<product-name|product-version>)
>
> That is too late since we need to identify this on disk, before the server is started

Can tools implement the same algorithm?

> /max
>

>> It's currently not set on master, but I would expect it to be there on a final build.

Jason can correct me, but I don't think so. AIUI these two attributes
will be undefined on a community build since a community build is not a
product.

:read-attribute(name=<release-name|release-version>)

provides the community info.