[jboss-as7-dev] manual way to do logging?

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 14:41:04 EDT 2012

On 6/6/12 1:37 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
> On 6/6/12 1:32 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

>>> No, there isn't (and if there were, it'd be part of JBoss Logging,
>>> so...). You can however use the maven-shade-plugin to slurp the JBoss
>>> Logging classes into your project (even under another package name).
>>> It's a pretty small project and we're working to make it smaller.
>>>

>> Eh, I guess I could just use reflection techniques to create my own
>> abstraction and stuff the logging interfaces in a separate jar.
>>
>> BTW, this is ridiculously over-engineered and at least for me, harder to
>> adapt to my project.  These engineering hours could have been better
>> spent elsewhere.
>
> You don't have to use it. You just need a message format that meets
> TAG-2. Everything the framework does, is meets the TAG-3 requirements
> (discussed ad nauseam years ago).

I forgot to mention one of the things in the TAG-3 requirements was to
meet TAG-2 and still be an abstraction over multiple backends. So the
reason it's causing you trouble is you want to put an abstraction over
an abstraction, which is a mismatch of goals.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect