[jboss-as7-dev] [OSGi WAB support] webbundle: URL handler

David Bosschaert david at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 06:29:58 EST 2012

Hi Thomas,

I have the following issues with your suggestion.

1. I don't fully see how the information available to the URL handler
can be associated with the information available to the
DeploymentUnitProcessor. The URL handler has the URL, that's all, while
AFAICS the original URL (or whatever was inside the webbundle: url) is
no longer available when the deploy() method is called.
2. If we find a way to fix 1. this will only work if people use
BundleContext.install(String location). It will fail when people call
url.openStream() on the webbundle: url and does not work with
BundleContext.install(String, InputStream).

Another approach would be to simply let the URL handler do all the work,
i.e. modify the stream being passed through. Then those URLs will work
in any context.

Cheers,

David