[jboss-as7-dev] Module for EL

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 15 07:21:54 EDT 2013

Hi,

another related question is which EL implementation to use.

We are currently using JBoss EL which afaiu is not actively maintained anymore.  EE 7 will bring an update to  EL via JSR 341. What implementation will we use within AS8? The reference implementation, an somehow updated JBoss EL or JUEL (provided there will be a JSR 341compliant JUEL version).

>From the Bean Validation perspective and in order to move https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-6665 along just creating a standalone el module is enough, but I think for the long term we need to discuss which EL implementation to use.

--Hardy