[jboss-as7-dev] How to verify a patches for non-public AS

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Wed Apr 17 12:39:47 EDT 2013

Hi Brian,

Thanks for clarifying the issues. In summary, the current process Red
Hat follows is that fixes to EAP6 are applied also to AS trunk (which is
now AS8), not to AS7 branches. I can check the fix worked by getting the
latest sources from AS8, hoping there isn't any new code in AS8 which
interferes with my test cases.

But in the event AS8 gets productized and we have an EAP7 release based
on it, EAP6 will still be supported for some time. Fixes applied to EAP6
will then:

a) Continue to be applied to AS8 trunk;
b) Wait for a new comunity development series, that is, AS9, and them be
applied there alongside fixes to EAP7;
c) Never be applied to the AS tree, which would get only fixes for EAP7,
and then I'll have to wait for a new EAP6 source zip on ftp.redhat.com;
d) Red Hat will decide what to do during EAP7 alphas.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, today I as a customer have no way to get
sources from EAP4 or EAP5 to check a fix, I have to wait for the
EAP4.x/5.x release and corresponding source zip. I hope things improve
from EAP6 to EAP7+.

[]s, Fernando Lozano