[jboss-as7-dev] Feature deployment

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 14:57:35 EDT 2013

A management op can trigger other ops via the OperationContext.addStep
API. What isn't supported is:

1) Once operation execution proceeds past Stage.MODEL (where
configuration changes occur), an operation handler can't register a step
for a Stage.MODEL. The same applies for any stage; you can't register a
step for a preceding stage.

2) Services installed/removed by a management op executing operations in
their start/stop methods. This is the one that has led to issues for you
in the past.

Unfortunately, with all the stuff we need to do in the next 4-5 months,
this isn't going to be changed for AS 8.