[jboss-as7-dev] EL 3

Rémy Maucherat rmaucher at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 07:36:04 EDT 2013

On 04/24/2013 10:13 AM, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
> We have seen bugs in the EL around calls to methods with varargs that made it unusable for Bean Validation. We reported it to oracle but I don't know if that has been fixed since. Hardy and Gunnar can comment more accurately than my 10000 feet view.
> We have been happy with JUEL AFAIR.
I don't see anything wrong with using your own, especially if you don't
need the EL3 functionality ASAP. If you do, it's probably the only
option available for some time. So it will be used by Jasper through the
EL3 API and from its own com.sun.el module (probably), while the current
impl is bundled.

Yes, I don't think it was perfect for method mapping, but it's a pretty
convoluted topic overall.

Rémy