[jboss-as7-dev] Current development is now AS8!

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 10:16:15 EST 2013

On 2/20/2013 2:52 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> Just do what you can, when you can, and resolve the issue once the spec
> is finalized (or you're reasonably assured that it's close enough).  At
> some point we can call it "done" and cut over to doing case-by-case
> fixes; when we make that transition is up to each assignee to decide.

IMO, you should do AS8 beta releases early and often.  Like whenever one
of these new EE7 features is integrated into AS codebase.  You should
also make it clear that AS8 has rolled in all fixes from AS7 branch/EAP.
  That way it encourages community-only users that want these fixes to
start using AS8 and the new major revs of of our sub projects.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat