[jboss-as7-dev] Cross-Origin Resource Sharing

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Tue Feb 26 05:23:26 EST 2013

On 02/26/2013 10:16 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> Btw, what are the security concerns with this?

You connect to the console and authenticate against the server as normal.
You then open a new tab and visit another page, maybe a link someone
sent you in e-mail.  That page contains Java script that makes a call to
the application server.
As you are already authenticated that call is accepted by the server and
whatever was requested by that Javascript is executed.

Supporting true cross origin resource sharing is not in itself likely to
be a problem - we just need to be careful regarding what we allow.