[jboss-as7-dev] cant get rid of jetty maven plugin - so lets mavenize JBoss Modules

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 09:45:20 EST 2013

On 2/26/2013 4:23 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> On 02/26/2013 03:19 PM, Fernando Nasser wrote:
>> I probably should mention my motivations...
>>
>> The future generation of RPMs will install the JAR files in a maven layout, so we just need to point the modules.xml to that location.
>> No more symlinks!
>
> It will be just in time to be obsolete again.  TBH I don't think this is
> a smart move at all; Maven isn't the end state for Java build, and it
> makes zero sense for Java distribution other than development/test time.

Can you please share with us exactly how using a maven repo makes no
sense?  I keep waiting to hear your legendary insight, but instead I'm
just getting a bunch of unsubstantiated claims and some nonsense that
maven repos aren't going to exist in the future...Myself and others have
given some pretty compelling use cases.  It would be nice to hear a
counter-argument so we can have a real discussion over this instead of
just excepting your word as gospel.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat