[jboss-dev-forums] [Deployers on JBoss (Deployers/JBoss)] - Re: Ordering of .ear subdeployments

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 04:16:23 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote :
  | The ordering solution needs to be complete, so the jboss-appl.xml needs to have an explicit ordering section that allows a unified ordering of both the application.xml and jboss-app.xml deployments.

So we need to have the additional section in the jboss-app.xml file where in we will define the unified ordering. Additionally the EARDeployer needs to prepare the J2eeApplicationMetaData associated with the DeploymentInfo from this unified listing in the jboss-app.xml . What we need is
1) To have  <unified-order> tag in the jboss-aap.xml file , this will list the deployments in order .
2) The EARDeployer should be able to prepare the J2eeApplicationMetaData  from the <unified-order> when it is present in the jboss-app.xml file .
3) Based on the presence of  <unified-order> the DeploymentInfo.sortedSubDeployments flag should be made  true . This will be doing the job of the comparator what we were planning .
Scott , is this what you had been expecting ?

 anonymous wrote :
  | In the point release we should also be able to disable the change in ordering behavior to avoid breaking existing deployments like the test-cif.ear.

Ok I will undo the changes in Branch_4_0 (SVN) , we can put it back  once the complete ordering is incorporated .

Vicky

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964900#3964900

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964900