[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Want to contribute Commands, where to start?

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 20 13:24:20 EDT 2006

First, welcome. I've seen and tried some of your things and think your contributions will be a welcome addition.

anonymous wrote : - Why do they call "JbpmContext context = JbpmContext.getCurrentJbpmContext();" in the execute method? Shouldn't that be hidden in a Command superclass?isn't it?

anonymous wrote : - Why are there Hibernate mappings for the commands. In which circumstances are they persistent? I thought, I pass them to the CommandService and get a answer, why Hibernate?

The async command executor in jbpm, which can be used as a simplified, not enterprise ready alternative to JMS. These commands are persisted so they can be executed at a later time and to survive a crash
anonymous wrote :
  | - How exactly are the Commands working. I think I have also seen them used internally in jbpm? Wheres a good starting point?
The commandexecutor class/thread is one, the other is async functionality (they are related, one 'publishes', the other 'consumes'

anonymous wrote : Or is there some documentation or other Threads to read first? I think I have no full understanding how the commands should work. I thought of pure Java Command objects, send to [JBoss / Webapp / JMS / ...] and get back a result (if synchronous).

They are only used in asynchrounous stuff, maybe the ejb (have not looked into this) and the webservice stuff I'm working on.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966330#3966330

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966330