[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss internal QA (Test Suite)] - Re: Testsuite failures for MalformedTestCase testMalformed t

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 23 15:26:44 EDT 2006

-Could you please explain this issue a little bit more?
A jmx object name string of "domain:=,foo=bar" violates the jmx spec ObjectName syntax of:
[domainName]:property=value[,property=value]*
and ObjectName javadoc which states that

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/index.html
anonymous wrote :
  | The key properties are an unordered set of keys and associated values.
  |
  | Each key is a nonempty string of characters which may not contain any of the characters comma (,), equals (=), colon, asterisk, or question mark. The same key may not occur twice in a given ObjectName.
  |
  | Each value associated with a key is a string of characters that is either unquoted or quoted.
  |
  | An unquoted value is a possibly empty string of characters which may not contain any of the characters comma, equals, colon, quote, asterisk, or question mark.

I have submitted a bug report to sun on this.

-Why does JBoss have separate versions of Sun's classes?
We have had our own implementation of JMX since it was an extension package to jdk1.3.

-This test usually passes on the 1.4.2 JVM, is this test only meant to be run on a 1.4.2 JVM?
This test is only meaningful for jdk < 5 to test our implementation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967087#3967087

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967087