[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Registry Design

arvinder do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 29 10:04:22 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote :
  | "arvinder" wrote : 1) The state of an endpoint service in the registry. This would be needed for clients and also reporting.
  |
  | If this was supported I'd expect it to be part of the EPR.  Each Service can have multiple EPRs and the "state" of each could be different, right?

Yes this makes sense, although I would have thought that there would be only 1 Service Impl backing different EP's and so the state would be applicable to the service itself, rather than the EP fronting it. But I see your point.

anonymous wrote :
  | "arvinder" wrote : 2) Each service should be categorised, either via a hardcoding of type under the registry, or a spi provided categorization.  This may lead to signatures like searchByCategory etc.
  |
  | We were saying that this type of more advanced lookup might be part of a future release.  JAXR has the ideas of Service "Classification" and "Concept" and I'd guess that these could be used as parameters to a lookup.  In the mean time though, the client/user can manually filter the Service list returned from getServices by manually interpretting the Classification/Concept settings on each Service.

Ah ok!

anonymous wrote :
  | "arvinder" wrote : 5) Aside from just services, will the registry hold dependant objects such as an XSD if there is say a validation service? Would this be classed as a ServiceResources and be grouped under the ServiceEntry such as ServiceEntry.getResources() ?
  |
  | Note really sure about this Arvinder.  So does the client need access to the physical XSD, or does it simply request the service to perform validation "XYZ"?

Sorry my mistake. For a validation service that requires the client to pass in xml, the client would need to pass in a reference to an XSD aswell, that the xml must adhere to. So my point above is invalid.

What i think I was leaning to was, will we use the registry to hold objects other than Services, such as XSDs and XSLTs that are application resources that need to be accessed centrally? Thereby implying can a Service also be classed as an Application Resource ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968082#3968082

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968082