[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: OSGi integration

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 18 13:13:16 EST 2006

"scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote : Being able to support osgi deployments is the only real plan.

This meaning what - or how does this fit into framework vs. services picture?
Or is this similiar to what Spring is doing with their OSGi support?

Since I just had a discussion with Apache Felix (full OSGi implementation) lead and an OSGi EG lead about our integration.
They are willing to help, but we need to know exactly what we want to do.

Are we going to a full implementation (which is a lot of work for spec r4), or we can base our impl on top of Felix with appropriate hooks (where possible - but we could be able to contribute some code to Felix for this) or just a simple 'Spring like' implementation (depending on other full impls - Felix, Equinox, Knopflerfish, ...).

How much work does our new Deployers architecture take away?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994752#3994752

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994752