[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Web Console: Context Menus and Navigation

falazar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 18 15:07:34 EST 2006

We've done a lot of work on the JBPM console over the past few months, making it look a little nicer and be a little more functional, so I think some of this work might be taken into account and incorperated into the system as there are some useful bits.

Here is a copy of the presentation we gave last week to our system admins locally, showing many screenshots of the system and how it works, maybe this will help show some things that are useful in the console design.

ftp://ftp.arlut.utexas.edu/pub/workflow/workflow_talk.pdf

One thing we noticed was there was a need for a more complex display of the Tasks to the lowest level user.
We added in sorting, and filtering, and paging for the processes, but due to the complex nature of the queries we could not use the HQL in an easy fashion and finally just generated a strait SQL query instead.
  We display the process name, and 3 extra process variables in the display, and are looking at making special displays when 'filter by process' is used to show some other important variables.

We have focused much of the work on the end users display and not alot so far into the admin portion.  But we have kept hte menu system very simple, opting for mainly a top 'tab' liek structure, and leaving hte sidebar off, due to the large size of many of the rows of data.

We haven't yet really used any fancy JSF components, just a dataTable for the display.

Any suggestions to our design would be great as well.

James Ratcliff & Jonathan Abbey

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994784#3994784

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994784