[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBossCache] - Re: Last chance for any changes to the 2.0.0 API

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 20 11:38:09 EST 2006

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote : Another thing I've thought about is renaming the TreeCache class to CacheImpl or something.  We don't code to be written against the TreeCache class itself.  There's a lot of legacy code written that way; changing the class name forces a shift to the new API.

+1, this is a good idea.

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote :
  | A kinder gentler way is to create CacheImpl, and then make TreeCache a trivial subclass.  Then mark TreeCache deprecated with a comment it will be removed in 2.1 or 2.2.

Do we really want this?  Like you said we don't want people talking to the implementation directly at all, especially since we can't guarantee correct behaviour with the interceptor chains, etc.  I'd rather remove this altogether, like you said forcing people to write to the new API.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995351#3995351

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995351