[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Client failover redeliveries discussion

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 24 10:17:20 EDT 2006

"clebert.suconic at jboss.com" wrote :
  | What if another client is already subscribed to an existent queue. Can we have two clients with the same connectionID/subscriptionName?

Now I think I understand what you are asking.

Currently the queue name is clientid.subname. In the failover situation, if we suffix the name with a number then we should be able to tell them apart

e.g. the failover queue would have name clientid.subname.1.

When unsubscribing we can then identify the queue properly.

Any new connections should only be added to the original queue not the failed over one.

We could put some clever logic in that said something like "if number of messages in queue < 1000 (or whatever)" then merge partial queues, but this is a nice to have.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980379#3980379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980379