[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: VFS issues

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 8 11:42:14 EDT 2006

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : The AbstractVirtualFileHandler does have the reference,
  | it is just via a virtual method: getRootURL();
  |
  | The idea is that we might want to support virtual files
  | that are not directly URL based, but do provide a unique identifier.

Ok, so I need to write out the rootURL to be able to read it back in.

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote :
  | In fact, the api should really be URI based to make this a real possibility.
  | With only those handlers that are based on a real URL having
  | a URI that can be used to recreate the URL.
  |
  | In anycase, don't you have a problem that each deserialized
  | virtual file handler will end up in its own copy of the context?
  | That is unless the locator holds some kind of a map of rootURL -> context.

When I originally prototype the vfs code, I did start out with URI. The problem was that you always had to go to the URL in order to get the io streams, or come up with another URI handler framework. Its a decision we need to make.

Yes, we would need a mapping in context factory to avoid explosion of vfs contexts on deserialization.

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote :
  | Also, I think you should make VirtualFileHandler implement Serializable
  | as a part of the intended contract rather doing it on each implementation.

No problem with that.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970393#3970393

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970393