[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: VFS issues

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 8 11:59:31 EDT 2006

"scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote :
  | When I originally prototype the vfs code, I did start out with URI. The problem was that you always had to go to the URL in order to get the io streams, or come up with another URI handler framework. Its a decision we need to make.

But isn't that the whole point. If the URI really is a URL
then the handler extends AbstractURLHandler and gets
(or it can reimplement it).

  |    public InputStream openStream() throws IOException
  |    {
  |       checkClosed();
  |       return url.openStream();
  |    }

But if it is not really URL based then the handler
has to provide its own implementation.
i.e. a mapping to the real resource it is trying to represent with the
more logical URI.

The real issue is whether you also need
to write a URLStreamHandler besides the virtual file stuff.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970399#3970399

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970399