[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: JBMESSAGING-541 - Multiple connections on a single threa

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 16 05:13:10 EDT 2006

"ovidiu.feodorov at jboss.com" wrote :
  | I would rather fix Remoting.
  |
  | I would suspect fixing it is as simple as NOT disabling lease pinging unless ClientInvokerHolder.counter for the client being disconnected is 1. Any value higher than 1 means that the client is still in use by somebody else. However, this is just a superficial attempt to come with a solution and needs to be validated by the Remoting team.
  |
  | As soon as the Remoting team produces a fix, we can release CR5 based on a remoting snapshot.

I agree which should do a quick fix for now.

All this is moot over the next few months, since remoting is incompatible with an AMQP style model, which we're going to have to implement if we're going to support AMQP.

So we're probably going to have to throw the socket transport away anyway.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972088#3972088

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972088