[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Can the transaction manager retry commit or rollback?

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 18 08:24:56 EDT 2006

On a related issue, if the commit succeeds in the JBM resource, but some failure occurs e.g. network failure before the invocation returns to the transaction manager, so the tx mgr gets an exception and thinks the commit failed.

So it retries the commit, but there is no record of the tx in the JBM resource since it committed ok and was removed as far as it was concerned.

How should we deal with this? Should we always return success if a commit comes in for a transction we don't know about? Is this safe?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972288#3972288

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972288