[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: Hot deploying deployers - deployer chains

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 12:02:09 EDT 2006

"scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote : "adrian at jboss.org" wrote :
  |   | So basically, I don't believe the MainDeployer/deployers
  |   | should be a part of the bootstrap configuration and that
  |   | there will be some form of "hotdeployment" even if it
  |   | is the initial step that creates a fixed list
  |   | before the real deployments are done.
  |
  | Ok, I'm fine for delaying the loading of the deployers as component of the profile after the bootstrap, but I'm not really interesting in addressing arbitrary hotdeployment of everything outside of the bootstrap kernel as that really is not the primary focus of the deployer redesign.

So how do you want to structure this?

For now, I'd suggest:

1) Using the conf/jboss-service.xml
as the "core configuration"
which would contain:
* The static jars to deploy as now
* The core logging
* The remaining legacy bits

We should aim to remove most of this over time,
either althogether or into their own deployments.

2) Create a server/config/deployers
which serves to idenitfy the deployer packages

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972650#3972650

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972650