[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: WANTED: Input from administrators & developers

dhartford do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 20 09:55:13 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : I am not sure to get this right, the "CMS server" is already quite independent (it is JackRabbit) with a homebrew Hibernate storage.
  | This could be interesting to discuss over the phone during a conf call. I am not even sure you and jewhit are talking about the exact same thing. Please email me if you are interested by a call, same for jewhit.

jewhit and I may have different ideas/goals, not sure.  Nonetheless, Jackrabbit was the path I was going down anyway -- and as of yesterday Jukka released a 1.1-rc1 with a compatible JCA adaptor making this a lot easier.

As for independent, I guess I always see portal and the repo(jackrabbit) installed together, and it may be nice to have them seperate with a 'combo' install for those that do want them installed from one package.

One 'Jboss Repo' package for Jackrabbit JCA, JCR support, WebDAV support, and the jboss hibernate wrapper (Shotoku I assume), possibly with their own admin tools (i.e. repo security/access, storage sizing, storage locations on local disk, iSCSI, SAN, etc, backup utilities, more).  From the Provisioning side, I think the seperation of the portal and the repo would help out a lot, as well as add another service layer available to developers related to file-based/non-relationalDB storage.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972939#3972939

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972939