[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - JBMESSAGING-545 - Leaks on XA transactions

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 21 21:56:46 EDT 2006

as stated on http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-545 two phase commit transactions are leaking once they are being stored on TransactionRepository and not being released.

So, summarizing the changes I'm making to fix this:

I - I'm creating a method deleteTransaction on TransactionRepository.

II - I also changed Transaction to accept a reference to TransactionRepository, as TransactionRepository is not static.

III - On commit/rollback transactionRepository.delete is being called

IV - Changed JDBCPersistenceManagerTest to perform a test on this

V - Added a property method getNumberOfRegisteredTransactions() on TransactionRepository what is meant to be used only by tests. (I could use reflection on a private field for this, but I thought it was much cleaner to just add the property field. I could change this if someone doesn't like the exposed property)

Clebert Suconic

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973448#3973448

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973448