[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: Why is DeploymentUnit.getDeploymentContext() deprecated?

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 28 05:19:13 EDT 2006

"bill.burke at jboss.com" wrote :
  | As far as Class-path manifest goes, I think we are screwed either way.  For auto-scanning of the PU you will want to scan only the classpath manifest of one particular jar in web-inf/lib.

You make it sound like the jars in WEB-INF/lib are should be separate
deployment units?

anonymous wrote :
  | Also, what about an EJB-JAR within an EAR?  Is the EJB-JAR a DeploymentUnit I assume?  If it is a DeploymentUnit does its ClassPath contain EAR/lib jars?  If so this is really bad as again, I need to treat the EJB-JAR as its own unit.

Each deployment unit has its own classpath.
That way it is possible to implement one classloader per
deployment unit or what is done now, a classloader
for the whole deployment by consolidating the classpath with
that visitor I mentioned before.

Feel free to extend the model to whatever fine granularity you
require.
e.g. making each jar in WEB-INF/lib its own deployment unit
e.g.2. separating the classpath into internal/external (manifest)
components

This api is not final until we understand what
the real deployers need.
to do

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974804#3974804

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974804