[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Smooks Transformation Integrated

tfennelly do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 29 13:15:42 EDT 2006

"mark.little at jboss.com" wrote : However, what's the service API look like?

Sorry about the delay.... I was busy fixing the build ;-)

Transformation Service API

SmooksTransformer implements the TransformationService interface.

"mark.little at jboss.com" wrote : How will someone go about replacing this transformation service with another one?

I suppose that depends on whether we're talking about the current or a future architecture...  Currently, as far as the ESB is concerned, Transformation Service implementations need to be ActionProcessors same as any other ActionProcessor (terrible name ;-( ).

So, from a code perspective, replacing any ActionProcessor with another ActionProcessor is seemless because they all implement that interface.  From a configuration perspective, it'd be a case of replacing the processor on the "Action" configuration to reference that "different" transformation service - thereby getting it to transform (process) the message instead.  Of course, the "different" transformation service would need to work against the same action properties.

This should all become more decoupled in our future archs once we get all the "Action" configurations into the registry and get our normalised message structures + EPRs etc in there with the routing info (and other message metadata).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975192#3975192

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975192