[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Redesign extended persistence context

wolfc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 7 04:58:43 EDT 2007

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/EJBTHREE-1026

I'm working to refactor the extended persistence context to fully allow the SFSBs to have an independent life cycle and fix some bugs with replication of 'nested' SFSBs.

What I think will work out is having the XPC behave the same way as a SFSB. For this purpose I've committed a proof of concept (unit test xpcalt).
As can be seen the XPCAltBean behaves quit nicely before and after passivation. To allow inheritance of an XPC I've already got an XPCHolder in my workspace (removing the weird injection constructs). And with the decoupled life cycle the weird NestedStatefulBeanContext and ProxiedStatefulBeanContext are a thing of the past.
I haven't tried out clustering yet, but with serialization working that should not be an issue.
The issue that will pop up is the configuration of an XPC SFSB construct.

Flame away.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071477#4071477

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071477