[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss IIOP on JBoss] - Re: tomcat deployer dependency on jboss-iiop.jar

sguilhen@redhat.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 4 14:58:26 EST 2007

Francisco, I think that downloading stubs via HTTP is not applicable in this case because the stubs are generated by the RI, and are available in the web app war file that is deployed on JBoss. Thus, I don't think the RI's IORs include a codebase URL to indicate where to download the stubs from.

This brings us to another discussion: why WebAppClassLoader has to dynamically generate stubs that are already available in the wep app war file? After taking another look at issues JBCTS-591 and JBCTS-609, I have to agree with Francisco that the dependency on IIOPStubCompiler looks unnecessary, as the WebAppClassLoader should be able to load the stub classes from the deployed war file.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110321#4110321

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110321