[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JCA on JBoss] - Re: DeploymentInfo/Template MCF

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 10 22:11:21 EST 2007

"alex.loubyansky at jboss.com" wrote : I'd like to clarify how the template is composed for the MCF deployment and what it is supposed to cover.

  | Is there supposed to be a separate template class for each kind of MCF? i.e. one for DataSource, another for XADataSource, etc?
  |
  | I thought, there should be one for all. But ran into issues.

It does not matter. If there need to be multiple templates, that is fine. At most there should be one template for a ComponentType.

"alex.loubyansky at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Currently, the DsDataSourceTemplateInfo creates a single ManagedObject with name ManagedConnectionFactoryDeploymentGroup and adds various attributes that belong to ManagedConnectionFactoryDeploymentMetaData subclasses to it.
  | I thought that's wrong. So, in DDSTI I created MO for each subclass of the MCFDMD and the group. But that doesn't work with the current impl of ManagementViewImpl.applyTemplate(). Since, the template contains info for all kinds of MCF deployments while the template created by the client (template instance?) contains e.g. only one kind of MCF. So, applyTemplate will not be able to apply client's template since it's missing all the other MCF deployments.
Well, this is really an issue of what the correct management interface is, as well as that your free to change the template implementation to be independent of the real metadata. I do think the template should focus on a particular connection factory type, and map this onto a ManagedConnectionFactoryDeploymentMetaData for the deployment metadata. The key thing is that we should be expressing the management api as we want it, and map this onto the metadata rather than the other way around.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111824#4111824

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111824