[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Security on JBoss] - Re: ant tests-jacc-security

anil.saldhana@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 14 00:56:04 EST 2007

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3426

To get this test to at least run, I had to add the following in testsuite/build.xml under tests-jacc-security

  |       <!-- ROOT.war is needed for confirmation that the server has started. But
  | there is a test case "WebIntegrationUnitTestCase" that tries to replace the root
  |  context war. So delete the ROOT.war -->
  |       <delete dir="${jboss.dist}/server/jacc/deploy/ROOT.war" />

This is because to confirm that the server has started for the ant server task, it probably does some kind of check on http "/".  Hence the ROOT.war needs to be there for the jacc server to start.

The WebIntegrationtestcase tries to install its own root.war which screws up the entire deployment because it is trying to register another deployment with "/" context. Hence the entire test fails to deploy.

A catch-22 situation.

The issue for me is why is this not seen on local workspaces. :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112805#4112805

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112805