[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Re: metadata

bdecoste do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 18 10:22:22 EST 2007

I've started on replacing Ejb3AnnotationHandler and Ejb3DescriptorHandler with Ejb3MetadataHandler. If we stick with creating annotations from the new metadata, we can leave the container.resolveAnnotation() calls everywhere as they are.

I take it from the last comments that the new metadata lacks the ability to recognize and model unexpected annotations (e.g. @ReturnNonNull).

I am starting to wonder what the value of the metadata project is exactly if we go this route - if they are parsing all the annotations and xml, creating an object model, and we are taking that object model and turning it back into annotations, how is this better than what we have now? Sounds considerably slower in fact.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113826#4113826

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113826