[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Re: EJBTHREE-1167 -- Resolve API leak for @Clustered

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 19 16:24:31 EST 2007

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote : So, I don't mind the annotation moving into ejb3-ext-api.

Sweet.  I'll do that, then, and resolve the dependencies on LoadBalancePolicy via a String-based configuration.

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote : If the goal is just to have no dependency from ejb3-ext-api and ejb3-impl to ha-client, it's not necessary.

  | BTW, the above statement is based on my very vague understanding of the purpose of ejb3-impl vs. ejb3-core. If what I said makes no sense, please tell me.

Nope, that's all in line.  The purpose of these projects is also being defined by us as we go... :)

ejb3-ext-api: EJB3 Bean Provider API of JBoss-specific extensions
ejb3-impl: Implementations (internals) conforming to ext-api
ejb3-core: Currently under restructuring; the projectized view of the current AS EJB3 Module.  Internals without an API; glue that ties together the other components (cache, pool, etc).

Only pending issue: If I steal out @Clustered from ha-client now and commit, that'll go to the next snapshot and not affect the release you'd made for Beta3, right?

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114400#4114400