[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - JNDI refactor and JBoss Remoting

bill.burke@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 14 13:30:02 EST 2007

Not sure if anybody pays attention to the JNDI forum, so i'll post here.

I did a refactoring of the JNDI initial context so that it can be used with JBoss Remoting and configured as a set of beans rather than a JMX service.  Its pretty feature complete (security propagation for instance).

Lookin:

embedded/

org.jboss.naming.JBossRemotingContextFactory

The Bean code is:

  |    <bean name="Naming" class="org.jnp.server.SingletonNamingServer"/>
  |    <bean name="java:comp" class="org.jboss.naming.JavaCompInitializer"/>
  |
  |    <!-- register Naming bean with dispatcher just in case we want to have a remote JNDI connection -->
  |    <bean name="JndiRegistration" class="org.jboss.aspects.remoting.DispatcherRegistration">
  |       <property name="oid">JNDI</property>
  |    </bean>

I just need to do some integration work with HA_JNDI so that there is request failover.

BTW, with the AOP Remoting integration you could even secure remote access to JNDI quite easily.

Bill

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016523#4016523

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016523