[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Re: Component Proposal - Configurable Service Locator

wolfc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 2 05:51:54 EST 2007

Please take a look at: http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/ejb3/trunk/injection/

I'm rewriting the injection framework there.

Note that the JavaEE 5 client specifications already solve most of the problems you describe. With the new clients you can do: @EJB MySession session; to get a reference without JNDI calls. I don't know about the caching part. It's easier to have every injection do a JNDI call, then try to differentiate which calls won't create a new object and which calls do. The usual client application will most likely cache SLSB references anyway.

A public ServiceLocater might be nice to get references to EJB's based on interface.

With the last item you mean: having the client use services located on difference hosts? That would be cool. It's in violation with JavaEE 5 spec though so we need to clearly separate it from a regular JavaEE 5 client.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997203#3997203

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997203