[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: remove context sensitive menus

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 11 04:14:57 EST 2007

"david.lloyd at jboss.com" wrote : The action here is: Context menus are toast.  I'm not going to change to "Execution" for 3.x.  But I think that we should work to make "Execution" be the standard term for a process instance+token in 4.x.

good conclusion

"david.lloyd at jboss.com" wrote :
  | "Process" will refer to the definition, and "Process Instance" will refer to the instance (for now).  Task definitions and instances will continue to be referred to as "Task Definitions" and "Tasks", respectively.

I don't think that task definitions need to be referred to in the web console.  Or do you see a reason that i'm overlooking ?

Using the name "Task" for TaskInstance's is good, i think.  (as long as there is no reference to a task definition somewhere, which i don't think is necessary)

But taking into account all the feedback and consistency, i would keep the complete names of "Process Definition" and "Process Instance".

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4000306#4000306

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4000306