[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - committing content from our

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 13 13:35:05 EST 2007

Hi everybody.

First of all I am very sorry I haven't done anything on that issue for the last 4 months, even if I have planned to do that! But I was very busy with other projects :-(

My plan is now to

1.)  contribute some jbpm commands (because we had written some additional logic like updating a process version in special cricumstances) to get rid of our own service-classes.

2.)  Get the Swing AdminClient (Screenshots on http://www.camunda.com/toolkit_for_jbpm/tk-jbpm-screenshots.html) work with the default Command mechanism in jBPM

3.)  Extract the generic code we used for a Swing-Tasklist and opening tasks in Swing panels to form a generic framework for Swing applications working with jBPM

So I will start with the first issue the next time.

One problem is maybe, that we have some very pragmatic commands in our toolkit (e.g. updating the process version of a running instance in the case, that there is a note with the same name in the new version), which we also want to contribute. Would that be OK for you?

Maybe I can make a package org.jbpm.command.experimental for that?

A second thing is, that I need for Swing-applications some GetProcess/Task/.../Command's, because I need to preload some parts of the objects graph before give the result to the client. But the advantage is, we can get rid of any DataTransferObject's we currently use in the AdminClient. I will just add them to the core, ok?

Also I will not have a JUnit test for every command, even if they are  working in some real life applications... But I will work on that issue as soon there is time!

What do you mean on that plan?

Sorry for the long thread!

Bernd.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4001352#4001352