[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Labs] - Navigation in Labs 2.0

adamw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 16 18:36:46 EST 2007

Hello,
as I'm starting to change the project pages behavior, I guess it's good time to decide how navigation will look like :)

As I suppose everybody already knows that each project will have the ability to compose its page out of a set of available portlets (via a GUI that Rysiek&Pawe? are writing). They will also be able to add additional pages with other portlets. So I think a first navigational portlet will be "Project Pages" which will simply list the pages defined for a project and enable to switch between them (of course, a project would have to add this portlet to their pages; it would be only usable when a project is selected).

Also, projects much be chosen somehow. So on the main page we would have a "Project List" portlet (or "Software Map" portlet)? That would be a second navigational portlet. How this portlet would be accessed? As I have seen on the mockups, there is no "navigation" on the left side.

A third navigational portlet would be needed for navigating between "global" Labs pages, like architects library/ wiki/ contributors/ jmm/ etc. But I think that we can do this by re-using the first one, that is, having a special "default" project, which would be hold the global content.

Waiting for your opinions :)

--
Adam

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002513#4002513