[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: new simplified menu structure

david.lloyd@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 19 14:34:46 EST 2007

"tom.baeyens at jboss.com" wrote : +1.  So we should give some thought on how the user can specify button names and link them to transition names.  By default, the transition names are chosen, but the user should be able to override these.   If no transition name is specified and no button name is given, we can't do anything else except come up with a silly generic name.

I can add an attribute to the transitionButton component for an optional caption.  If the caption is not present, use the transition name.  If the transition is unnamed, then I guess just "Transition ID 1234" is the best we can do...

"tom.baeyens at jboss.com" wrote : "falazar" wrote : And the "Cancel" does not actually cancel the task or the process, so it is very ambigously named, we changed it to "Go back to inbox" and added a Cancel Request transition button.

  | good point.  that button got me fooled too.   since there is a task.cancel method, i thougt it was cancelling the task.  "Back to Inbox" is indeed better

Hmmm, upon reflection I think that a cancel task button is a lot more useful than the current cancel button is - what if I change this button to "Cancel Task" which calls the .cancel() method on the task instance, and just drop the idea of the original cancel button?  Especially in light of the new navigation structure.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003997#4003997

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003997