[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JCA on JBoss] - Re: XAExpectionUnitTestCase Failures/JBossTS/JBoss 4.2

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 26 10:19:27 EST 2007

"weston.price at jboss.com" wrote :
  | When you say
  |
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | There has been some debate in the past on whether we should disable
  |   | interleaving by default since most XAResources don't support it.
  |   | This includes all xa datasources that I've come across which is why
  |   | their examples disable it.
  |   |

  | This is basically what I am proposing since the default setting to allow for interleaving seems to cause problems with JBossTS and XAResources.

Support for interleaving is a spec requirement, see the JTA spec section 3.4.4,
so if JBossTS is broken then it is a bug.

NOTE: Interleaving is a "gambit".

Because of interleaving you can have multiple transactions associated
with the same connection. If the connection breaks you have more
transactions failing for that single underlying failure!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006854#4006854

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006854