[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Web console changes - IMPORTANT

david.lloyd@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 29 14:20:16 EST 2007

I profiled the web console performance and found that the #1 bottleneck, at least on the first run, was the ajax4jsf library.  Since the last navigation restructure removed all the ajax features anyway, I went ahead and removed this library, and performance seems to be greatly improved... however I discovered a fairly catastrophic side-effect of this change.

It turns out that ajax4jsf uses the Tidy parser to quietly "clean up" mistakes in the generated XHTML.  One side-effect of this is that including a file that includes a <!DOCTYPE> header, or any html tags that are not valid within the body of an html document, causes strict XHTML parsing to break on client web browsers.  This is an important revelation because we cannot always assume that the end-user is using ajax4jsf.

Because of this, it is very important that the GPD be updated to output task forms without any containing <!DOCTYPE> or  tags.  I've updated the websale example to show how the task forms should look.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4007959#4007959

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4007959