[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: process patch files

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 11 14:00:02 EDT 2007

The process patch frigthens me a bit. Of course it is nice to just patch some small errors (like typos or RuntimeExceptions in Actions). But with good tests ou don't need that too much.

So the process patch application is really to find some business problems never thougth of before (like the example of Britt, I also have a bunch of examples for it). But there I like it more to deploy a new process definition and somehow move old processes to the new version.

And if this is implemented by a Command in the jbpm core, it is not really dirty or hacking. And if yoi provide a mapping of old process states to new process states it is nor fare away from you process-update file.

I see no need for other stuff, and as I like the idea of only having this way with new process version.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053238#4053238

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053238