[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Re: Release of jboss-retro

david.lloyd@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 17:07:27 EDT 2007

"pgier" wrote : (...)The problem is that in the new version of jboss retro, some of the classes have been moved to new packages.  So code that was retroed with the previous version of jboss-retro will not work with the new runtime.(...)

  | So some options are:
  |
  | 1.  Never make changes to runtime class names or method signatures.
  | (...)
  | 2.  Change class/package/method names for major versions, and keep a branch for updates to older versions.
  | (...)
  | 3.  After moving a class, use inheritance to keep a place holder for the old runtime class.

What about simply saying that you can't mix versions of retro'd code?  If they ran it once, they can do it again...  I guess this means I'm in favor of option #2. :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054128#4054128

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054128