[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: process patch files

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 14 01:55:20 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : 2) If a business looses track of a PAR project for whatever reason (company is acquired, IT is restructured, developers leave, data loss, etc.), and jBPM can't hand back the par file for rebuilding, then patching is the only option other than rewriting the process.

Sounds more and more scary to me ;-)

anonymous wrote : We already do it (successfully) by directly manipulating the database--sometimes through screens developed for that pupose. (Unfortunately, the 10 or so departments that we serve can't seem to come up with all their real requirements until they start using the system in production. And I suppose we have had one or two *ahem* mistakes on our part.)

I now this very good, we have the same problem in most of the projects. But we can solve that with new process versioning and the ChangeProcessInstanceVersionCommand quite well. Of course a new process version has overhead (for testing and qa), but I think that is worth the effort...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054195#4054195

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054195