[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Tracking subprojects

Ovidiu Feodorov ovidiu at feodorov.com
Wed Jun 27 15:12:34 EDT 2007

The system I am currently using maps "sub-projects" as JIRA project
components, but this away the possibility of having independent
releases. All sub-projects must be released in one go. If a sub-project
evolves slowly relative to the other sub-projects, it will have
redundant releases, but this is not too bad.

I tried "JIRA project per component" system, but that led to
proliferation of too many projects and that became difficult to manage.
I needed to initiate "re-unification" processes.