[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Re: jboss common maven build

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 29 10:10:18 EDT 2007

"pgier" wrote : I think the problem is fixed now.  I changed the log4j dependency to point to the correct path.  Log4j 1.2.14 was not in our repository, but it is in the central maven repository under /log4j/log4j.

That's not a fix. We should be downloading everything from our repository.

We need to guarantee that we have control over the bytes we ship.
Which is just healthy paranoia.

Not to mention that in my limited use of Maven so far, I've personally
had at least three problems with stuff getting upgraded automatically inside
maven that just doesn't work and breaks the build.

This includes artifacts disappearing so it is impossible to even reproduce
an earlier build.

I'd prefer it if the maven repository (or any other) wasn't even checked when
we download stuff for JBoss projects.

We should be using a version of Maven from the jboss repository
that we know works and more importantly in two years time, we can download the
same version of Maven again to reproduce an old jboss project down to the exact byte.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032789#4032789

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032789