[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of AOP on JBoss (Aspects/JBoss)] - Re: JBoss Logging and JBoss AOP

kabir.khan@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 15 08:59:51 EDT 2007

I have integrated the logging stuff into AOP core. AspectManager.verbose is still the main switch for verbose logging from the AOP core classes.

Rather than doing:

  | Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(SomeClass.class);

Do

  | Logger logger = AOPLogger.getLogger(SomeClass.class);

AOPLogger is a subclass of Logger whose only function is to check if the chosen LoggerPlugin cannot be found, and if so to make sure we use a SystemOutLoggerPlugin I implemented. This prints out everything to System.out regardless of logging level.

So AspectManager.verbose turns on logging, and integrating with log4j allows more fine-grained control over what is logged.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045798#4045798

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045798