[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: java 6 method in gravel

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 29 09:59:58 EDT 2007

"david.lloyd at jboss.com" wrote : The JDK6 dep has been fixed in the source.  Should be committed this evening sometime.

where is the source ?  couldn't find it in the svn repo.  there only seems to be the console (new console based on seam) and the jbpm4jsf component library.   ah right... now i remember it was the separate jboss project

i'll check if i can find that

"david.lloyd at jboss.com" wrote :
  | As far as Java 1.4 compatibility - personally, I'm skeptical at this requirement, especially given the following facts:
  |
  | - Organizations seem to be adopting 3.2.x for their new projects as opposed to their existing projects.  New projects are rarely based on such an old VM.
  | - JBossAS 4.2.0 runs only on JDK5 and higher.
  |
  | However, I will still provide an additional target for producing a JDK 1.4, JBossAS 4.0.x build via jbossretro as per the prior console.

without a good reason, we shouldn't introduce a java 5 dependency.  SEAM is a good reason.  if we encounter some other problem, we could consider it.  but i don't know of any such problem now.  so we should stick to java 1.4.2 for now

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049347#4049347

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049347